Are you looking for a guide to help you clean your kitchen or bathroom countertops? It is very important that you take proper care of your countertops. This is one that requires more effort. There are different types of countertops such as tile countertops, granite countertops, wood countertops, etc. and all are taken care of differently. Whatever you choose the counterpart, but you need to take care of it. Keeping the countertops clean without causing damage is a very difficult task but not impossible. You also need to know what you can use to keep your countertops clean and which can be avoided completely.
In this article, we will learn how we can clean different types of countertops. With the help of these tips, you can easily keep any kind of counterparts clean so that they give a great look to your kitchen or bathroom. So let’s know-
- Granite Countertops -You will need warm, soapy water to clean granite crystals. You clean its surface with this water and then wash it thoroughly. Then you clean it with a microfiber to avoid streaking. Do not clean it with any abrasive object or else it may scratch on its surface.
- Laminate Countertops – Things you will need to clean the laminate countertops daily are dishwashing liquid, warm water, and a microfiber cloth. If you want to remove stains from laminate countertops, then for this you prepare a paste of baking soda and water. Do not scrub this paste. Use damp cotton to remove this paste and then rinse it with water.
- Butcher-Block Countertops – Wash the butcher-block countertops with a mixture of water and dishwashing liquid using a clean cloth. After this, clean the wood with the help of a soft cloth. Use light sandpaper to remove stains from a varnish butcher block. To clean the stain from the oiling butcher block, you can apply a peel of salt on the stained area and then rub it with a paper towel.
- Ceramic-Tile Countertops – It is very easy to clean ceramic-tile countertops if you clean them with the help of the right products. Do not use any harsh product to clean it. For this, use a gentle spray cleaner. To remove the stain from the grout, dip the toothbrush in diluted bleach and scrub it over the stained area. You can also use a special grout cleaner for this.
- Concrete Countertops – Concrete countertops are very popular because they give the kitchen and bathroom a modern look. However, you have to be careful to clean its surface. You can use regular soap to clean it. First of all, remove all the debris from the counter. Then take the dishwasher and water on a sponge and thoroughly clean the counterpart.
- Marble Countertops – Clean your marble countertops regularly with a damp clean cloth so that there are no strikes on them. Never allow it to dry with air because doing so may cause water stains on it. If there are spots of coffee or tea on it, then mix a few drops of hydrogen peroxide with one or two drops of ammonia to clean it. The ink spots can also be cleaned with the help of hydrogen peroxide.
- Glass Countertops – In today’s time, glass countertops are very popular. This gives the kitchen a great look. By the way, most stains are removed with the help of a wet towel but you can use a brush to remove some stubborn stains.
- Solid-Surfacing Countertops – You can use water or soapy water to clean solid-surfacing countertops. Take special care of one thing that it should be wiped clean and not let it be cleaned by air. Do not place hot pots directly on it, rather use a trivet. Although they are stain-resistant, but if any stain occurs, they can be removed with the help of soap and water.
- Stainless-Steel Countertops – Use warm water and liquid dishwashing detergent and a soft cloth to clean it on a daily basis. Rinse it with water and wipe it. Never leave any acidic food on the countertop for a long time or else it can cause spots. Stainless-Steel countertops tend to scratch quickly, so always cut the food on the cutting board.
It is very important to keep the countertops clean. In this article, we learned how we can keep different types of counterparts clean in different ways. Apart from this, there are many types of countertops as well, but the main ones are what we have given above.